Offered as Vacation Rental under same ownership since 1993
History of about 1000 individual multi-day vacation rentals
Recent upgrades and renovations:
-- high-definition TV (HD-TV via DirecTV, basic & SF Bay Area local network channels)
(bring your Apple-TV device, Roku box, or similar for your own special programming)
-- fiber-optics high-speed Internet (50 MB/s up and down) on brown-out back-up
-- new garage door opener
-- new high-recovery (240V) hot tub heater and control system
-- added a second washing machine
-- new siding and decking
-- hotel room safe
- Rental Information & Pricing
- Reservation Request / Inquiry Form
- Reviews -- From our Guestbook
- Location Description (with information about Sea Ranch and its history)
- Enjoy photos taken from the Bluff Trail
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Check our Policy on Fees
Located on a knoll, yet near the ocean, this well-equipped home has unobstructed breath-taking panoramic ocean and coastal views over ocean meadows and signature Sea Ranch cypress hedge rows. The elevated location of Bella Vista is unique to Sea Ranch: it offers the advantages of expansive views usually found only from hill-side locations, while the home is actually situated on the ocean (west) side of the scenic coastal Highway One, quiet, well shielded from highway noise, and without traffic between the home and the ocean bluffs.
- Decor not normally found in vacation homes opened up for rent, such as: handcrafted oriental rugs on terracotta tile and hardwood floors, genuine designer Scandinavian furniture and light fixtures, art pieces by local artists, a rich selection of books, a Grotrian-Steinweg piano (the German brand of Steinway), and much more ...
- Free high-speed Internet (50Mbps up and down)
- Free local, LD, and international LD telephone; good reception for Verizon Wireless and AT&T cell phones
- 3 kW solar photovoltaic system
- Efficient passive solar heating (yet full back-up with conventional, NEST-controlled forced-air heating system)
- 2 Master-Bedroom suites, 3 full Baths, expansive dining-living area, 2 sheltered view decks
- Hot tub built into deck; excellent privacy
- 1 King and 1 Queen bed, garage, ping-pong table
- Satellite dish (DSS); 31" flat-screen HD-TV with San Francisco-Area Network channels.
- 2 people max. rental occupancy (no children over 6 months of age permitted).
The "Bella Vista" Home
at The Sea Ranch, CA
Spectacular Ocean Views
Free High-Speed Internet
2 PEOPLE max, NO PETS, NO CHILDREN, NO SMOKING
Rent Bella Vista
The Bella Vista home was built in 1987, and the rented space has approximately 1700 sq.ft. living area. It features terra cotta tiles and rough cedar walls in all rooms except the bedrooms. Extra-large view windows, warm and decorative lighting, comfortable furniture, and a central forced-air heating system - augmented by heat radiated from the desirable wood-burning stove - will contribute to making your stay pleasant and memorable. The living room includes a mezzanine with a well tuned German Grotrian-Steinweg piano. In addition to the hot tub (built into the deck off the master bedroom), one of the bathrooms includes a jacuzzi tub. The kitchen is well equipped with high quality modern appliances, such as a silent Bosch dishwasher, a Jennair range, and a side-by-side refrigerator with outside ice dispenser. While you are preparing your meals, you will enjoy the magnificent, unobstructed ocean and coastal views.
Due to the split-level floor plan, Bella Vista is not suited for wheelchairs.
RENTAL RESTRICTIONS INCLUDE:
- NO PARTYING AT ANY TIME
- NO MORE THAN 2 OCCUPANTS
- NO CHILDREN
- NO PETS
- NO SMOKING
- ADDITIONAL PER PERSON RENTAL FEE APPLIES IF MORE THAN 2 PEOPLE (upon ad-hoc written exception)
We will decline any rental request if adherence to our restrictions appears uncertain.
Owners will assess a minimum $600 fee for non-compliance with the no pets, no smoking, and/or no partying restriction.
Bella Vista Location: Commanding Views
With a desirable elevation of about 80 ft above Leeward Road and the developments in the ocean meadow below Bella Vista offers majestic views above rooftops of the ocean and coastal bluffs up and down the coast. Highway 1 cannot be seen from Bella Vista, and berms and rich vegetation shelter from any and all traffic noises. Tallgrass ends in a cul-de-sac and sees essentially no traffic, and Leeward Road and all other roads are private and carry only very scarce residential traffic. A 5-min walk takes you to the bluff-top trail which is about 400 yards away.